Thursday, February 4, 2010

The weight of wait.

Time expands and silence slips in like a gloved hand. Waiting. Awaiting. For something singular to happen.



This is the bro and I out in Lanka, waiting past midnight for a bus that would only arrive two hours later. I was tired; I thought it would be painful, but such hours bring beautiful moments and inspiration. There was an eerie light that quiet night in the hill country, and a silent comraderie that binds lonely stragglers when the world is asleep and the dogs are the lords of the manor. The men first watched me silently--wondering what in hell I'm doing. Then... they got used to my madness; and I got all of this.

If you look carefully and pay attention, you'll see the fairy. I caught her unaware, her wings clipped, her smile all schoolgirl charm. There's magic when you least expect it. So keep your eyes peeled, my friends.

(The photos are a bit miniscule here... click here if you want to see them real size: http://picasaweb.google.co.in/alefia/WaitingFebruary2010#slideshow/5434470300971392130)

No comments:

Post a Comment